Frequently Asked Questions
Are you new to asset finance and have some questions on how aggregation works? We have compiled our most frequently asked questions to help brokers make an informed decision when choosing their aggregation partner. The team at COG Aggregation are always available to answer your questions and workshop accreditation options as required. Contact us today to join Australia’s largest asset finance community.
An asset finance aggregator acts as an intermediary between finance providers and brokers who have clients seeking asset finance solutions. COG Aggregation connects brokers with our network of 50+ lenders, providing access to a wide range of finance options for consumers or businesses looking to acquire assets.
We offer finance solutions for a diverse range of assets, including but not limited to vehicles (cars, utes, trucks and commercial vehicles), equipment (construction, manufacturing, mining, agriculture and medical), yellow good machinery, IT hardware, leisure items (boats, motorbikes, caravans, camper trailers) and more. If you have a specific asset in mind, please contact us to discuss your financing options.
COG Aggregation provides brokers with several benefits, including:
- Access to a broad network of 50+ quality lenders - no need for direct accreditation with each lender saving you time
- Our strong industry buying power secures you competitive finance rates and commissions
- Commissions are paid daily (dependent on lender)
- We are Australia’s largest asset finance distribution network, settling over $7.7 billion in assets a year, providing strength, stability and personalised service to our members
- Access to our bespoke asset finance application and client management system, COG Connect, saving time and effort
- BID compliance regulations built into COG Connect for consumer
- The COG Broker Support team and BDMs provides expert support and resources to assist with client consultations and deal structuring
- Broker Information Portal for regular updates on lender rate changes and market insights (Broker Central)
- Send an initial email to our BDM team via our Contact Us form or call us on 1300 88 77 54
- The dedicated BDM in your state will call you to discuss your business requirements
- Our accreditation team will be in touch to onboard your business
- Receive logins to our systems
- You can start processing asset finance deals and earning strong commissions
You need to:
- be an experienced finance broker or if you are new to the industry being mentored by an experienced Finance Broker.
- have a business structure in place with an ABN or be an employee of a finance broking firm.
- Have satisfactory background checks including a National Criminal History check and Bankruptcy Record check.
- Undertake any compliance training as required by the asset finance aggregator.
- Have completed a Certificate IV (in Finance/Mortgage Broking) or if being mentored working towards this qualification.
- Hold professional indemnity insurance (if operating under a business structure).
- Generally, you are required to become a member of the Commercial & Asset Finance Association of Australia (“CAFBA”), Finance Brokers Association of Australia (“FBAA”) or the Mortgage Finance Association of Australia (“MFAA”). (Some professional associations may require higher qualifications)
- If you are undertaking Consumer Finance, be an authorised credit representative of an Australian Credit Licence (”ACL”) Holder or authorised employee of an ACL holder.
100% of commissions are paid to the broker. Most lenders pay brokerage directly to the broker however some lenders do pay us directly. Where we are paid, we pass the payment on to the broker.
Our Compliance Team is here to support our brokers and provide guidance so they can continue to build their business and service their customers. Some of the key areas we can assist with include:
- Direct compliance support
- Training modules
- Credit Licensing
- Forms and internal dispute resolution procedures
- All the tools you need to comply with Responsible Lending and BID requirements (if using our systems)
- Telephone support for questions on compliance and broker obligations
We are members of all major industry bodies to keep abreast of all compliance updates on behalf of our brokers – AFCA, CAFBA, MFAA, FBAA
COG Aggregation, uses a a custom-built cloud-based software called COG Connect. Tailored for asset finance brokers handling both commercial and consumer clients. Manage everything from lead to settlement with one integrated system. Features updated product tool, APIs to lenders, quick quotes, and automated document & compliance processes.
COG Connect enables brokers to fully control the application from lead, right through to settlement of the application. Email alerts are sent to the broker in real-time as the deal progresses with the financier. Updates can be made to the application at any time, and clients can also upload supporting documents to the system through COG Connect’s secure Self Service Client Portal.
Yes we do. As the largest asset finance aggregator in the market, we also offer brokers a wide range of personal loan options for needs such as debt consolidation and unsecured loans for home renovations or holidays. We also have business loan financiers on panel to assist with cash flow finance, lines of credit and a range of other trade finance options for small or large businesses.
COG Aggregation tailors their service to suit your business needs – we can be very hands-on or we can work in the background for you, depending on your level of experience and resource requirements.
- BDM team providing direct support to individual franchise owners
- Robust and reliable buying power and fast turnaround agreements with key lenders
- A range of delivery methods designed to suit your business – from a full in-house processing service to direct-to-lender, we can cater for all
- A team of over 130 experts ready to support your business
Yes, where a broker is both a Mortgage Broker and Finance Broker and uses a specialist Mortgage Aggregator to provide Mortgage Finance products to their clients and uses an Asset Finance Aggregator to offer Commercial and/or Consumer Finance Products to their clients.
COG Financial Services Ltd is our ASX-listed parent company. They are Australia’s largest finance broker aggregator and equipment leasing business for small to medium-sized enterprises, of which COG Aggregation is a subsidiary. This parent-company relationship makes us one of the country’s only listed asset finance aggregators (ASX: COG).
COG Financial Services Limited equips COG Aggregation with the scale and financial backing to propel your company’s growth.
Platform Finance is a standalone subsidiary within the COG group, with history dating back to 1994. Platform specialises in supplying asset finance and processing services to brokers who work primarily in the mortgage and resi home loan space. Diversifying into car and equipment finance expands the broker’s service offering and offers an alternative income stream.
Our numbers speak for themselves
deals settled in FY23
asset finance settled in FY23
years of experience